forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6762  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Maria Azzopardi
Date:  Thu Apr 11, 2002  9:21 am
Subject:  Re: Problem Exporting Columnized SGN to Bitmap

Dear Stefan,

That seems to be a good idea, but I'm not sure whther it would be very practical when you have much longer documents.  We have some transcribed signwritten stories which contain over 400 signs each- that would mean about 22 different files for the one story...however having said all this, so far this is the quickest solution to this problem so I'm going to try it out :O)

thanks for this suggestion
maria

Stefan Woehrmann2 wrote:

I would suggest another - pretty simple - but a little time consuming
method.

Just split your document in as many single files with only 6 x 3 = 18
"Imaginary Boxes)   ;-)
Just make sure that there are no blanks - if you do not want them - so hands
off from the space bare if you can paste signs from the dictionary
!!!!!!!!!!!!- every "symbol field" counts - does not matter if you did not
filled it by accident -;-))
Save the files and switch to DOS -  Col

Let do the Column Maker what he can do best - and export each single
converted file. In order to get not crazy - just think before how to name
the  order of the files
  Message 6762  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index