forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5251  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Tue Jul 17, 2001  4:54 pm
Subject:  how to attach a SWgif to my emails

Hi Ulla and friends of SW,

Valerie already explained in detail how to attach gifs to your emails.
Nevertheless I would like to send some messages that will help you to create a gif with SW44.

The new version SW44  includes a "export" function that allows you to get immediately a .bmp document from your .sgn  file.

So the easiest way is to make a new file in SW44 - type your question in SW or Alphabet and export this file. This file shows now up as a .bmp in your SW folder

- it would be the best to install SW44 in a folder called SW on your harddisk C - This way we can communicate without too much trouble ;-) ..

 If you open the Explorer (I´m working with Windows 98) you will find this .bmp under the name of your file immediately - look for the blue square. In order to change the format from.bmp  to .gif you can open the .bmp in any graphic - programm (paint) and save it as .gif in this same folder.  C:\SW

Now you can attach this gif - - insert attachment - look for this gif in your SW folder -
 ;-)

These gifs are a very important support in order to comunicate about problems in reading and writing SW. ;-)

Please describe your problems if you cannot do what I tried to explain above !

All the very best and good luck for your beginning with SW !

Stefan ;-)

  Replies Author Date
5257 Re: how to attach a SWgif to my emails Valerie Sutton Wed  7/18/2001

  Message 5251  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index