forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1007  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Feb 10, 1999  1:16 am
Subject:  Gabriel's Poem is Posted!

February 9, 1999

Dear SW List Members:
I am happy to announce that I have just posted a wonderful Special Feature
on our SignWriting Web Site.

The poem is entitled:

THE RUNAWAY
a poem written and typed in American signs by Gabriel Tollette
https://www.SignWriting.org/writ006.html

I feel especially proud that Gabriel, who is 12 years old, did such an
excellent job writing the individual signs and then typing them with the
SignWriter Computer Program - the file was well done and equal to any file
typed by an adult. I am really impressed!

The poem is very beautiful. Gabriel placed the American signs in English
word order. The English translation is at the end of the poem.

Gabriel has such talent, that I hope he will continue to write SignWriting
poems and stories. And there are special techniques I can share with all of
you, that will aid in writing ASL grammar - There are certain rules that
are easy to use once you learn them...it is all a matter of
experience...and Gabriel is starting young!

So I hope all of you will visit our web site and read Gabriel's sign poetry
- it is inspiring!

Valerie ':-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SW

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1007  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index