forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1006  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Jean Johnson
Date:  Wed Feb 10, 1999  1:12 am
Subject:  Re: Children Learning SignWriting

One reason my class came up with and it makes a great deal of sense to me
is that the motor development for hands occur at a younger age than does
speech. I'm not sure if research proved that to be true. It's been
awhile since I last took class and learned all this information.

Jean

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:05:53 -0800 Joe Martin
writes:
>There have been a lot of studies done on language acquisition; Jean
>Covered it real well with her references. I just wanted to add that it
>is generally accepted by now that All children acquire signs 3-6 months
>sooner than speech.
>Joe Martin
>Plain old ordinary student
>Top Left Corner, USA

  Replies Author Date
1010 Re: Children Learning SignWriting Valerie Sutton Wed  2/10/1999
1011 Re: Children Learning SignWriting Joe Martin Wed  2/10/1999

  Message 1006  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index