forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1009  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Feb 10, 1999  6:21 pm
Subject:  Re: Children Learning SignWriting

>No one has ever done a study to show that kids can read earlier......
>Pretty interesting research project for someone.
>
>Joe Martin
_________________________________

Yes...because SignWriting is so visual, it may be that learning to read
SignWriting is faster to learn for signing children, than learning to read
English is for hearing English speaking children.

That would be an interesting research project...and I hope someday it can
be done...perhaps through the SignWriting Literacy Project in a couple of
years.

Valerie ':-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SW

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1009  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index