forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1019  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Feb 11, 1999  12:11 am
Subject:  Re: Egyptian Sign Language

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Angus wrote:
> I sat in on a few classes in Middle Egyptian when I was an
>undergrad, and didn't notice any references to deafness. You realize that
>Egyptian hieroglyphics were an alphabetic system, similar to Roman, and
>not very different from the real SignWriting.
>
> -Angus B. Grieve-Smith
> Linguistics Department
> The University of New Mexico

_____________________

Hi Angus -
Perhaps you could explain what you mean further....I don't know very much
about Egyptian hieroglyphics.

I had heard that it incorporates some notation for sounds, is that true?

Valerie ':-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SW

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1025 Re: Egyptian Sign Language Angus B. Grieve-Smith Thu  2/11/1999

  Message 1019  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index