forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1022  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Feb 11, 1999  2:54 am
Subject:  Re: Children Learning SignWriting

>I went with Sabrina to school today and she was standing front of her whole
>class and talk about singwriting and show Cinderella and other 2 stoires.
>After she finish talk and alot of kids raise their hand up and give Sabrina
>ALLOT of qestion about signwriting for about 15 mins. Sabrina pass out 3
>stories to student and they look whole page and try to sign from that. It
>was so cute!! Then They clap thier hand and Sabrina was happy and her
>teacher ask Sabrina, Can leave 3 stories at school for one week and let
>kids look thru and learn something. She say SURE!!
>
>Lourdes
______________________

Lourdes - this is wonderful news. I am assuming this is a classroom of
hearing children? That is another fun experiment - to see if hearing
children would learn signing better by having reading material in
SignWriting - would they remember new signs longer? Maybe Sabrina can see
if they can sign what they see on the page, even if they don't know what it
means...

Valerie ':-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SW

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1022  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index