forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1002  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Lourdes Tollette
Date:  Tue Feb 9, 1999  5:29 am
Subject:  Re: Children Learning SignWriting

Val,

Val wrote:
Is signing learned faster than speaking?
-------------------------------

Gabriel sign when he was 9 months old and that time he can't talk. It was
like baby talk. Till He finally talk when he reach Kidgarden. Coulser (
Speech Therapy ) work with him for 5 years. And now He talk allot better
like other hearing kids. I have my other 2 kids sign when they were less
than 1 year old. My 2 kids talk fine. They all are hearing. I notice my
kids learn sign first then speaking later. My husband have a hard time to
understand my kids talking when they were little. I understand why he have
a hard time because He always out to work and alot overtime. I was the most
home with kids when they were little.

I went with Sabrina to school today and she was standing front of her whole
class and talk about singwriting and show Cinderella and other 2 stoires.
After she finish talk and alot of kids raise their hand up and give Sabrina
ALLOT of qestion about signwriting for about 15 mins. Sabrina pass out 3
stories to student and they look whole page and try to sign from that. It
was so cute!! Then They clap thier hand and Sabrina was happy and her
teacher ask Sabrina, Can leave 3 stories at school for one week and let
kids look thru and learn something. She say SURE!!

Lourdes

P.S. Oh, Don't worry, I do understand that you haven't post Gabriel's poem.
I know you been busy!! Don't feel bad... Smile!!

  Replies Author Date
1005 Re: Children Learning SignWriting Joe Martin Wed  2/10/1999
1007 Gabriel's Poem is Posted! Valerie Sutton Wed  2/10/1999
1009 Re: Children Learning SignWriting Valerie Sutton Wed  2/10/1999
1022 Re: Children Learning SignWriting Valerie Sutton Thu  2/11/1999

  Message 1002  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index