forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1109  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Mar 8, 1999  4:06 pm
Subject:  Jordan High School Georgia #1

March 8, 1999

Dear SW List Members:
I would like to welcome a new school to our SignWriting Literacy Project.
It is Jordan Vocational High School in Columbus, Georgia. The project will
be spearheaded by teacher Cynthia Frey. Cynthia wrote to me back on
December 15th! Here is the letter:

Letter dated
December 15, 1998

From:
Cynthia Frey
Teacher of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
Jordan Vocational High School
3200 Howard Avenue
Columbus, Georgia, 31904

To:
Valerie Sutton
SignWriting Literacy Project

Dear Valerie:
The teachers of the 9th-12th grade, at the Jordan High School, in the city
of Columbus, Georgia, would like to participate in your SignWriting
Literacy Project. We are part of the Muscogee County School District. Our
school has about 1,000 students in grades 9-12. We have fourteen students
who are deaf or hard of hearing. This is the first year we have offered
American Sign Language (ASL) and this class has included eight hearing
students.

Some of our teachers would like to introduce SignWriting to their students.
These teachers are interested in learning and using SignWriting because of
our struggle for literacy. Our school has 15-30 students who will be
participating in the Literacy Project this year.

We agree, as a group, to complete three Web Reports in return for the
SignWriting materials and technical support you will donate to us. We
understand that this letter and all three reports will become public
information and will be posted to the SignWriting Email List and posted on
the SignWriting Web Site. You have our full permission to use the
information as needed.

Thank you for considering us for your project.

Sincerely,

Cynthia Frey
Jordan Vocational High School

___________________________________

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1110 Jordan High School Georgia #2 Valerie Sutton Mon  3/8/1999
1160 McReynolds HomeSchool #1 Valerie Sutton Thu  4/22/1999

  Message 1109  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index