forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1161  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Apr 22, 1999  2:13 pm
Subject:  McReynolds HomeSchool #2

From: "John C McReynolds"
Subject: RE: Web Rebport # 1
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999

Dear Valerie,

I am including the web report. Thank you for giving us this opprotunity.

Warmest Regards -

Mrs. Dawn McReynolds

Web Report #1

1.) Why do you want to learn SignWriting?

I am a homeschooling parent and I believe this will help in my teaching my
child.

2.) What have been some of your past frustrations when teaching?

My main frustration has been when I introduce new vocabulary, because my
child is Deaf, I try to change the basic curriculum into visually
stimulation curriculum.

3.) Are you hoping SignWriting might help? If so in what way?

I hope SignWriting will improve my child's ability to understand new
vocabulary. With SignWriting the child can read and be visually stimulated
at the same time, that's so exciting! I believe this can only improve the
way a child comprehends what they are reading.

4.) The SignWriting Teacher's Forum has a free web page for you and your
students, to use in anyway you wish as long as it relates to SignWriting.
How would you like to use your web page?

I would like to use the web page as a way of communicating my opinions
about my child's progress and as a way of sharing some of her assignments.
I would also like to share how SignWriting has helped us in and out of the
classroom.

5.) Please write any other information you would like to share.

I am sooo excited about using SignWriting. I watched SignWriting on the
television and could not believe my eyes, it was just what I needed to help
my child to read and most importantly, comprehend what is being read. I
look forward to using the SignWriting Project with my child and I am very
happy to share any information I can to help others use it also.

Valerie, I thank you once again, I believe this is an awesome opportunity
for parents and educator's alike.

Mrs. Dawn McReynolds

https://www.SignWriting.org/teach014.html

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
  Message 1161  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index