forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1296  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun May 16, 1999  11:22 pm
Subject:  Technical Signs Manuals

>Forgive me for taking advantage of this forum for a need for our school.
>Many of our students are in vocational classes for which we find few if
>any signs, notably for auto services technology. Does anyone know where
>we can find a technical sign book for auto tech?
>Cynthia Frey
___________________________

Hi Cynthia!
I would suggest writing to:

Dr. Frank Caccamise

Frank and I worked together in 1979 at the National Technical Institute for
the Deaf (NTID) in Rochester New York. Frank and his research team decided
to use SignWriting in a series of Technical Signs Manuals. The NTID
Technical Signs Manuals are wonderful books with life like illustrations
blended with SignWriting symbols. There is also a video series that has
nothing to do with SignWriting, so you have a lot of choices.

They have around nine books now, and many more vidoes. The terminology
varies - it includes many subjects such as terminology for Communication,
Theater, Mathematics, Science and so forth.

I do not believe there is a book for auto tech, but you can ask Frank, and
he might know of other sources too...or there may be a video available on
auto tech signs.

I sure hope this helps

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1296  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index