forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1374  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jun 1, 1999  5:14 pm
Subject:  Statistics on SignWriting

>I was wondering if there was any statistical data I could review on
>SignWriting?
>
>Thanks-
>les

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 1, 1999

Hello Les -
Thanks for this question.

This is what we have posted on our web site at this time:

RESEARCH

SignWriting Research Library Directory
https://www.SignWriting.org/rese000.html

Literacy In Nicaraguan Sign Language
https://www.SignWriting.org/rese003.html

Research on Sign Language Literacy
https://www.SignWriting.org/rese001.html

Research Project At The Deaf School At Randersgade
https://www.SignWriting.org/rese002.html

SignWriting in the Albuquerque Public Schools
https://www.SignWriting.org/rese009.html

Although none of the above reports are strong on statistics, the "Literacy
in Nicaraguan Sign Language" thesis comes the closest - it is a complete
thesis online - so you have much to read and analyze there - I would
suggest printing out the entire thesis and really studying it - the results
are impressive.

I hope more statistics will be gathered in the future -

Thanks for writing -

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1374  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index