forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1375  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jun 1, 1999  7:13 pm
Subject:  Re: Expressive Viewpoint

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Steve Parkhurst wrote:
>Yes the fingertips do overlap. That us precisly the problem. Since the SW
>symbols are two dimensional and see-through there is no way of knowing
>which hand is in front of the other. When I write by hand, and take the
>extra time, I can draw it so that the hand closest to me covers up the part
>of the hand that it overlaps. But right now you can't do that on the
>computer and it's more work than it's worth when writing fast. So, for this
>reason looking down from the top gives me the depth I need to clearly
>understand how it's signed.

SignWriting List Archive
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l/

Steve's message was entitled "Expressive Viewpoint", written on May 21st.

In the paragraph above.... you mention that the computer program cannot
type depth as well as you would wish, and I just want you to know that I am
trying to work out ways to improve that in SignWriter 5.0 - so that
"overlapping symbols" will not be see-through, for example, and a few other
techniques too.

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1375  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index