forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1401  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Jun 6, 1999  2:22 pm
Subject:  Re: New features in 5.0

Ingvild Roald wrote:
>And quite apart from this, as someone has already mentioned, it would
>be better for pedagogigal use if the balck was black (not white) and
>the white was not black, as it is in 4.3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 6, 1999

Hello Ingvild!
Nice to hear from you, and thank you for your email messages about new
features in SW 5.0. They have all been duly noted :-)

Your requests for new dictionary features are good ones. I am not sure how
many of those features will be available in the first release of SW 5.0,
simply because there is so much to do, but sooner or later we all need
those features and I certainly plan to implement them in time.

In regards to the above, this problem is already solved in SignWriter 5.0.
As you know, the old MS-DOS interface had a black background with white
symbols, but in Windows and the Macintosh, the standard interface is not
black with white, but is white with black. Since SignWriter 5.0 works in
both Windows and the Macintosh, it therefore mimics those interfaces.

So not only can you have a white background with black symbols, but you
will be able to have colored symbols on a different color background!

Very fancy, and a welcome change....

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1401  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index