forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1399  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Ingvild Kristine Roald
Date:  Sun Jun 6, 1999  4:00 pm
Subject:  New features in 5.0

Hi,

I just thaught about today, how nice it would be if we could print a
list of signs with sign-names from the dictionary. I am thinking of
an interpreter who has looked up some unfammiliar signs for words
that may come up in an assignment the next day, or a teacher giving a
class a small list of new word/sign combinations to learn as
homework, or.....

It would be best if it could go either way: Sign - words or Words-
sign.

Also in the dictionary, it is often not only one word as a name for a
sign, but an explanation along with it, because you cannot take one
language and mirror it onto another. So I would like an opportunity
to make the GLOSS different from the excplanation (of course, I can
use capitals like in GLOSS), and the excplanation may even be in
smaller types.... now, they come out quite bold, and I would like to
get rid of that.

And quite apart from this, as someone has already mentioned, it would
be better for pedagogigal use if the balck was black (not white) and
the white was not black, as it is in 4.3.

Greetings,

Ingvild
Ingvild Kristine Roald
Institutt for Praktisk Pedagogikk
Universitetet i Bergen
N-5020 BERGEN
Norway

e-mail:

UNIV: SCHOOL: PRIVATE:
tel: +47 55 58 47 98 +47 55 11 86 00 +47 55 28 34 34
fax: +47 55 58 48 80 +47 55 11 86 01

  Replies Author Date
1401 Re: New features in 5.0 Valerie Sutton Sun  6/6/1999
1402 Re: New features in 5.0 denny99 Sun  6/6/1999
1404 Re: New features in 5.0 Ronald H Dettloff Sun  6/6/1999
1430 Designing New Interface for SW 5.0 Valerie Sutton Wed  6/9/1999

  Message 1399  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index