forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1431  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Ingvild Kristine Roald
Date:  Wed Jun 9, 1999  12:25 pm
Subject:  Re: And yet another use of SignWriting

I have to give a short answer to Valerie's question:

Yes, I do really have my pin codes etc. written in sw on on nice
little card put where the photos etc. usually go. I have the sign for
what it's for first, and the the numbers, and as there are eight
different codes on the list, and the Norwegian SL numbering system
is not altogether obvious, I feel safe this way. I even often show it
off ot the gas station manager or whomever, and say "I have it right
here, but you cannot read it, can you?!". So I get some fun out of
it. But of course, our aim is that this way of writng SLs, and the
knoledge of the Sls themselves, shall be so widespread that this is
no longer safe.

Ingvild

> Ingvild wrote:
> >as a Norwegian, and not a sports fan, I do not know much about
> >baseball.
> >
> >But as long as SignWriting is not widespread, I have put it to my own
> >personal use: with all the differrent passwords and PIN-codes to
> >remember, I have written a list that I can have easlily available, in
> >sw, and no one the wiser.
>
> >Ingvild
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> SMILE :-)
>
> This gave me a big chuckle - do you REALLY have your PIN number in
> SignWriting? Ha! That's great!
>
> Here in the USA, my Danish-American friends and I oftentimes speak Danish
> together in public because it is like a "secret language" that no one
> around us can understand - I guess that is what you are doing with
> SignWriting - a secret writing system.
>
> Since SW is visual - watch out - someone might be able to figure it out!!
>

> Valerie :-)
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Valerie Sutton
>
> SignWriting
>
> https://www.SignWriting.org
>
> The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
> Center For Sutton Movement Writing
> an educational nonprofit organization
> Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ingvild Kristine Roald
Institutt for Praktisk Pedagogikk
Universitetet i Bergen
N-5020 BERGEN
Norway

e-mail:

UNIV: SCHOOL: PRIVATE:
tel: +47 55 58 47 98 +47 55 11 86 00 +47 55 28 34 34
fax: +47 55 58 48 80 +47 55 11 86 01

  Message 1431  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index