forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1438  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Jun 9, 1999  11:34 pm
Subject:  Re: SWPL - Advanced Materials

Kathy Akehurst wrote:
>The children have been able (for the most part) to read the story with ease
>(filling in the bits they didn't understand by continuing on and then
>'figuring out' what the previous parts had been - as with learning to read
>English as we have discussed on this list...) and they did not find it
>difficult to have the SW smaller as their comprehension increases. The
>youngest ones still write really big but that's perfectly normal, of course.
>It's just been fascinating to watch this all unfold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a great report - I am so excited about this last paragraph - the fact
that your young students are reading at smaller sizes - wow. I am smiling.

Have they learned any spoken language from this, do you think? What do you
think the children are gaining from learning to read advanced-level
SignWriting?

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1438  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index