forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1450  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Jun 10, 1999  4:00 pm
Subject:  Computer Terms In Signed Languages

Everyone -
I just wanted to mention that I know how hard it might be to find signs for
computer terms in some signed languages. Not every signed language has
computer vocabulary developed. If that is the case in your country, that is
OK. We can still have the spoken language of your country represented in
the Menus, or you will be able to navigate through SignWriter with the
International Icons.

And then there is the issue of fingerspelling computer terms - in the USA a
lot of the terms are fingerspelled, but I chose actual signs, knowing full
well I probably will be criticized. On the other hand, no other computer
program (that I know of), offers menus written in signed languages, so I
know we are pioneering new ground. In a few days I will post the ASL Menus
that I have at the moment, and maybe you can give me some advice...

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1450  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index