|SignWriting List Forum|
Valerie Sutton |
Date: Mon Jun 14, 1999 4:42 pm
Subject: Typing Puffed Cheeks :-)
On Tue, 25 May 1999, Wayne Smith wrote:
> Just thought of a few more more needed non-manual symbols:
> 1. cheeks puffed on one side only (needed for TSL PINK, FALSE,
>ONE-MONTH, and a few more)
June 14, 1999
Thanks Wayne, for this request.
Cheeks puffed on one side can be written and typed right now in SignWriter 4.3.
First, to see what the symbol for "2 puffed cheeks" looks like, go to this
page on the web:
As you can see, puffed cheeks are written with a dark semi-circle on both
sides of the face. If you want to write just one cheek puffed, then you
write just one semi-circle on one side of the face.
Here are the keystrokes for typing "1 puffed cheek" in SignWriter 4.3:
1. Press the "3-Key". This gives you a row of facial expressions.
2. Press the "a-key". This gives you a row of cheek symbols.
3. Press the "a-key" again. This gives you "2 puffed cheeks". The symbol is
"selected" on the screen.
4. Press the "n-key". The symbol changes to "1 puffed cheek".
5. If you want to flop the "1 puffed cheek" to the other side of the face,
press the "comma-key".
Hope this helps!
The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA