forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1460  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Jun 12, 1999  4:32 pm
Subject:  Computer Terms In Spoken Languages

June 12, 1999

Dear SW List:
I now need the computer terms, listed below, translated into spoken
languages. Although many fine translators in other countries already
translated messages used in SignWriter 4.3, the new terms for SignWriter
5.0 are not exactly the same as SignWriter 4.3. I think it will be safer to
do the translations again.

I already have these terms in English and Danish. I now need the terms
translated into French, German, Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Portuguese,
Italian and any other spoken language, if someone is willing to donate the
time to do the translation.

Just send me the translation as an email message, to my private email address:

For Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic or other languages that do not use
the Roman alphabet...I can create Menus in your languages if you give me an
excellent printed copy that I can scan, or send them as graphics files as a
.jpeg or .gif file. I can enter them as a graphic for the Menus.

So here are the words that need to be translated (they are the same as the
ones for signs):

SignWriter 5.0

File
New
Open
Close
Save
Save As
Print
Quit or Exit

Edit
Undo
Cut
Copy
Paste
Select All

Type Signs
Preview
Format
Read
Write
Down In Columns (writing vertically)
Left to Right
Right to Left
Across the Page (writing horizontally)
Other Patterns

Type Fingerspelling
Belgium-French
Brazil
Canada-English
Denmark
France
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Nicaragua
Norway
Portugal
Spain-Madrid
Sweden
Switzerland-German
UK
USA

Type Words
Sign Dictionaries
Menus
Menus in Icons
Menus in Signs
Menus in Words
Menus in Signs & Words
Menus in Icons & Words
Menus in Signs & Icons
Menus in Color

Fonts
Large
Medium
Small
Italic
Bold
Color Symbols
Color Signs

Help
Lessons In SignWriting
Lessons In SignWriter
About SignWriter
Technical Support

Tools
OK
Apply
Preferences
Lookup
Find
Replace
Jump
Margin
Previous
Next
Insert
Cancel
Untitled
Setup
Rename
Export
Country
Window Color
Paper Color
Ink Color
Black
White
Blue
Pink
Red
Green
Orange
Gold
Light Pink
Light Grey
Dark Grey
Dark Green
Dark Yellow
Light Blue

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1465 Re: Computer Terms In Spoken Languages Valerie Sutton Tue  6/15/1999
1478 Re: Computer Terms In Spoken Languages Valerie Sutton Thu  6/17/1999

  Message 1460  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index