forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1531  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Trevor Jenkins
Date:  Sun Jun 27, 1999  12:36 pm
Subject:  Re: Typing Left-Handed SignWriting

> Please make sure the new program files will be compatible with html
> formats so that we can use them on the Web.

There is no feature within HTML whereby your requet can be accommodated. It
would be possible using XML document (embedded with an HTML document)
provided that there is either a browser plug in capable of rendering the
SignWriter glyphs or that the SignWriter glyphs are incorporated into
Unicode. The latter isn't so daft as Unicode already includes Klingon
glyphs!

I'd suggest that those who want to learn about XML read "Professional XML
Applications" from Wrox Press---but Valerie might object to that suggestion
as I'm a co-author of the book. :-)

Regards, Trevor

--

<>< Re: deemed!

  Replies Author Date
1532 Re: Typing Left-Handed SignWriting Valerie Sutton Sun  6/27/1999
1533 SignWriting & Unicode Valerie Sutton Sun  6/27/1999
1554 Re: SignWriting & Unicode Valerie Sutton Sat  7/3/1999

  Message 1531  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index