forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1533  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Jun 27, 1999  4:00 pm
Subject:  SignWriting & Unicode

Trevor wrote:
>There is no feature within HTML whereby your requet can be accommodated. It
>would be possible using XML document (embedded with an HTML document)
>provided that there is either a browser plug in capable of rendering the
>SignWriter glyphs or that the SignWriter glyphs are incorporated into
>Unicode. The latter isn't so daft as Unicode already includes Klingon
>glyphs!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes - SignWriting can be placed into Unicode. I feel very blessed to be
working out the details with Michael Everson, who is one of the key people
in Unicode development.

I hope to be sending Michael a document with a detailed listing of all of
the SignWriting symbols this summer. Then it may take several years before
the Unicode of SignWriting is ready.

When it is ready, I suspect it will benefit all of our work, because it
will be easier for other programmers to create new typing techniques with
the SignWriting symbols.

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1554 Re: SignWriting & Unicode Valerie Sutton Sat  7/3/1999

  Message 1533  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index