forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1540  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jun 29, 1999  1:05 pm
Subject:  Re: Typing Left-Handed SignWriting

Trevor Jenkins wrote:
>To bring this HTML/SGML/XML thread back on topic if anyone wants help with
>a SignWriter (or other Sign Language) document type definition then let me
>know. I have been an on/off member of the ISO committee responsible for
>SGML and as pentenance for foisting it upon the world I'll make it up by
>helping Deaf users.

>Regards, Trevor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks, Trevor, for this kind offer :-)

Perhaps you could share with us how Unicode and SGML differ?

You mentioned a "document type definition". Would that be different than
Unicode - another way of typing SignWriting symbols?

I am preparing a document for the Unicode developers right now, so that we
can type SignWriting someday using Unicode. Would the SGML work be
separate? If so, do you need the listing of our thousands of symbol
variations too?

Of course I know you are too busy for another project! So am I actually
(grin). But I would love to understand better what SGML and XML do, that is
different -

Thanks for the interesting information -

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1543 Re: Typing Left-Handed SignWriting Greg Noel Wed  6/30/1999
1545 Symbols Rotate Automatically in SignWriter Valerie Sutton Wed  6/30/1999

  Message 1540  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index