forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1581  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Jul 10, 1999  4:44 pm
Subject:  Peruvian Sign Language in SW

>Dear Valerie... This is Julie from Peru. I'll be coming to the States in
>the month of Sept. Do you think the signwriter 5.0 will be ready by then?
>I'm a DOS idiot and can't make the shareware work. I thought I'd hold off
>getting anything else as funds are limited. I'm hand drawing a short
>translation of one of our brochures and would love to see if I could do same
>with the computer. If it's all right with you I would like to call you
>while I'm in California. My mom lives in Culver City and that's where I'll
>be staying. Take care and thank you for working so hard. JP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 10, 1999

Hello Juliana and Everyone on the SW List -

It is nice to hear from you, Juliana, and yes of course, call me when you
arrive in California :-)

Years ago, when I wrote our first textbook on DanceWriting (the forerunner
to SignWriting), I lived in Culver City, which is a section of Los Angeles.
So that is great that your Mom lives in Southern California.

I would love to see Peruvian Sign Language written in SignWriting...no
matter whether it is hand-written or typed by computer!

In regards to SignWriter 5.0 and the schedule for release...Unfortunately I
can make no promises as to the date of release...As always it is more work
than expected, although we are definitely making progress...

However...any files typed in SignWriter 4.3 will be automatically converted
into SignWriter 5.0 later, so you would not be wasting your time if you use
SignWriter 4.3 right now.

Of course I understand how you feel about MS-DOS ....I suspect everyone
feels the same - being the visual Mac person I am, you can imagine that I
am not in love with MS-DOS either!

But if you want, I can give you technical support to help you use
SignWriter 4.3, until the new version is available...so write to me
privately with specific questions on the problems you are having with the
shareware.

And keep writing by hand too! It is an important skill to learn to write by
hand....

I hope everyone is having a wonderful July!

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1581  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index