forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1582  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Jul 24, 1999  9:30 pm
Subject:  Message For SignWriting List

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 16:43:34 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Valerie & List,

I have been enjoying reading the encouraging letters and posts on the
SignWriting List. I have been compiling lessons that I can incorporate
SignWriting too. School is going to start in Sept. for us this year. I
have decided to do something a little different this year. I have decided
to incorporate SignWriting across the board in all my subjects. I have
enrolled in a class (Pastor Detloff) for SignWriting. I believe this will
help further my ideas with SignWriting. I have a scanner so I scan in some
of the SignWriting materials and have added them into sentences (instead of
words), in english first (because of her Signed English backround) an
example of this would be something like this. Rain Rain __ away. The word
that is missing is "GO" this would be where I would interject SignWriting.
This type of introducing the product in sentence structure is only one form
of the way we are using SignWriting. I am also using SignWriting as my
Child's main form of written communication. She is now writing letters and
trying to teach SignWriting to other members of her family such as cousins
and aunts and uncles. They are able to communicate with her in a way that
was not possible before SignWriting. I use SignWriting in Math to show
subtraction and addition. SignWrting is becoming a main form of
commincation for us. I look forward to learning how to use SignWriting on
a computer and printing out lessons right from the SignWriting program. I
believe that we are ready for that step. Please send me the next form that
must be filled out so I can proceed.

With my deepest gratitude,
Dawn McReynolds

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting Web Site
https://www.SignWriting.org

Post messages to the SignWriting List

SignWriting List Archives
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
PO. Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Replies Author Date
1587 Using SignWriting to Teach Math Valerie Sutton Mon  7/26/1999
1588 Re: Using SignWriting to Teach Math Ingvild Kristine Roald Tue  7/27/1999
1589 Acronyms for Signed Languages Valerie Sutton Fri  7/30/1999
1590 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Susanne Bentele Fri  7/30/1999
1595 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Valerie Sutton Fri  7/30/1999
1592 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Ingvild Kristine Roald Fri  7/30/1999
1605 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Valerie Sutton Sat  7/31/1999
1598 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Angus B. Grieve-Smith Fri  7/30/1999
1619 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Valerie Sutton Tue  8/3/1999

  Message 1582  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index