forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1629  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Tue Aug 3, 1999  8:57 pm
Subject:  Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Your suggestion of LSB for a three-letter acronym for Brazilian Sign
> Language is the same as Eduardo's...and I like it very much! I sure
> wish we could use it....the only problem is that it is the same as the
> French acronym for Belgian Sign Language....

There's a Belgian Sign Language? Is the same language used in
Flanders as in Wallonia? If not, could you use Walloon Sign Language? In
other words, why should Belgium get priority? Hasn't there been more
SignWriting stuff done in Brazil than in Belgium?

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Replies Author Date
1630 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Valerie Sutton Tue  8/3/1999
1632 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  8/4/1999
1633 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Valerie Sutton Thu  8/5/1999

  Message 1629  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index