forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1645  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Aug 8, 1999  1:25 pm
Subject:  Re: proper names

>And if this acronym business is just for makeing a list inside the
>program for further encoding, I would go with what conforms to most
>applications. Then NSL would be OK for our sign language, because
>English is more widely used, and Norwegian spoken language is not
>Norwegian sign language either.
>
>Ingvild

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Ingvild -
Thanks for your great comment -

You are correct - we will only be using these acronyms in regards to the
internal coding of SignWriter 5.0 - the person using SignWriter 5.0 will
never see the acronyms I posted to the list - only programmers and myself.

Of course now the SignWriting List has seen them too!

But it was never my intent to use them in actual sign language documents -
That is totally up to the signers who are writing the documents. Everyone
has complete freedom do what is correct for their own language :-)

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting Web Site
https://www.SignWriting.org

Post messages to the SignWriting List

SignWriting List Archives
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

The DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
PO. Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1647 Re: proper names Michael Everson Sun  8/8/1999

  Message 1645  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index