forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1766  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Aug 30, 1999  8:18 pm
Subject:  Bible Site Written in SignWriting

>https://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/8491/signbibl/
>
>We have some scripture published on the Web.
>
>Pastor Ronald & Judith. Dettloff
>The Deaf Church
>20880 Ten Mile Road
>St. Clair Shores, MI. 48080

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 30, 1999

Dear SignWriting List -
So many messages were posted last week, that it was hard for anyone to read
them all - I am still in the process of reading them myself :-)

The message posted above was one of them....and it was posted between so
many longer messages....that it didn't get the attention it deserves...

Pastor Dettloff and his team at the Deaf Church have been typing Bible
verses in American signs, in SignWriting with the SignWriter Computer
Program. Then another member of our SignWriting List, Jerry Spillman,
designed the web pages. The site is called:

The King Jame's Bible in ASL, written in SignWriting
https://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/8491/signbibl

I really love the way Jerry chose a black background for the SignWriting
documents - it makes the SignWriting easy to read, and it looks very
dramatic!

One of the best documents is this one:

The Ten Commandments
https://www.geocities.com/~cyberjer/signbibl/page2.htm

It is written In SignWriting from left to right...try reading it...I bet
you will enjoy it!!

And thank you, Jerry, for all the links to the SignWritingSite...I will
write to you soon about joining the SignWriting Web Ring -

And thank you, Ron, for the great work you are doing - You and the Deaf
Church team should be commended for taking on such a large, but important
project.

I hope you will keep us informed about new postings on your ASL Bible site!

Valerie ;-)

  Message 1766  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index