forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1780  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Don & Theresa G
Date:  Thu Sep 2, 1999  9:28 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting principles

A transposition is when you perceive the elements of the text in a reversed
or mixed up order. Like the old joke about the agnostic dyslexic who
wonders whether there is a "Dog" (God). Or, the "-tish" perceived as
"-sh-t" that started this thread.

Obviously, if you get the elements in the wrong order, your comprehension of
the message can be delayed or entirely disrupted.

--Don Grushkin