forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1856  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Sep 22, 1999  1:04 pm
Subject:  SignWriting in Peru

September 22, 1999

Dear SignWriting List:

Yesterday I was fortunate to have a visitor here from Peru. Juliana Palmer
is working with Deaf adults in Peru, but there is also a school for Deaf
children that has written me a letter requesting to become participants in
the SignWriting Literacy Project. So the two groups will be sharing some of
the SignWriting materials...this makes sense since they have to translate
the materials into Spanish and Peruvian Sign Language, so multiple copies
of ASL materials are not needed.

Which leads me to a question...I know there are several other groups in
Spanish-speaking countries that have done translations of our materials
into Spanish - I am writing to ask if any of those translations are
avaiable for me to give to the school in Peru? Of course I know the signed
language is different, but just the Spanish translation should be a great
help to them.

Thanks in advance for your assistance -

Valerie ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online
https://www.SignWriting.org

SignBankSite...Databases Online
https://www.SignBank.org

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting

2184 Re: SignWriting in Peru Palmer Rennett Julienne Ruth Sat  10/30/1999
2188 I have no idea if you will get this message :-) SignWriting Sun  10/31/1999
2189 A Pumpkin on the SignWritingSite... SignWriting Sun  10/31/1999

  Message 1856  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index