forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2014  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Oct 23, 1999  12:35 am
Subject:  Re: Yes to Changes in the SW List!

>I for one was disappointed
>when you said no to the person who wanted to write in Portuguese. As we all
>know, it is sometimes hard to espress oneself in a foreign language. I
>think we should all make the effort to learn one another's languages. I say
>open it up to different languages and to attachments!
> - Wayne in Maine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Wayne in Maine!
How are you? You clearly survived the earthquake in Taiwan...what a scare
that must have been!! And I love the Menus in Chinese, which you gave me
and I have now implemented in the new SignWriter 5.0 Menus. I will show
them to everyone later :-)

Meanwhile....I knew you were disappointed about not being able to post
email messages in Portuguese, but I like our compromise...The first
language of the SW List is still English, but if you wish to attach the
Portuguese translation, or even a small portion in Portuguese, at the end
of your email messages, you are welcome to do so ....just be sure to put
the name of the second language above it so people know what language they
are looking at (grin)....

Hope this makes everyone at least "half-happy" now!

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online
https://www.SignWriting.org

SignBankSite...Databases Online
https://www.SignBank.org

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2014  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index