forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2181  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Fri Oct 29, 1999  8:13 pm
Subject:  Re: SW - dolphin -

>From: Wayne in Maine
>To: SignWriting List
>Subject: Re: SW - dolphin -
>Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:45:12 GMT
>
>>From: Lourdes Tollette
>
>>Yes, You did right but use twice down and up. Right now u show like this
>>it
>>was only one down and up... so need to add one more down and up.

Thatīs what really helps.If you describe, what you do understand - I can
figure out whether I wrote it in the correct form.

Know what? Tonight my son - Johannes sat next to me - he looked at my
Dolphin (2) sign which I like much more - and signed it -
I was amazed. He signed exactly what I had written - but it is wrong. His
right hand moves up and down and up and down but is wrist doesnīt bent up
or down .
No way that canīt be dolphin as I would like to sign it - at first fingers
up handforward and the down fingers down hand forward - you know what I`m
talking about? Just the way a dolphin jumps out of the wather and head
first into the water -

So my in the beginning estimated simple task turns out to become more and
more complicated!

Thanks for attention and help

Stefan

Wayne wrote: >
>Yes, but I think Stefan was writing in German Sign Language, right? The
>movement may be different from ASL.

Let`s figure it out! What is it like in ASL ?Can you write a gif(t)?
Stefan >

  Message 2181  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index