forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2361  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Nov 18, 1999  2:40 am
Subject:  Re: Spoken Language Translation Programs

>Okay, now that we've discovered some spoken language translation sites that
>work...how do we agitate (meant in the political sense of the word, of
>course) to have SignWriting added to some of them?
>
>Cheers!
>William J. "Chip" McGruder
>Monterey, California

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Chip -
I want to thank you for your email message awhile back about a new idea you
had...

I believe you said: "I'm thinking it might be fun to have a computer
program which will read the
SignWriting document received via email or imported into the computer and
then have animated characters on the screen peform what's written!"

Thank you for that message, Chip, and please forgive my delay in
responding...of course that is a wonderful idea, and it is just a matter of
time too....just like the translation programs are too...

We need to ask programmers to consider using SignWriting...If we don't ask,
they won't know we have a need.

If you will think through who to ask, ask them, and then ask them to
contact me and we can try to make it work ;-)

Your idea about the .GIF files becoming animated is not that far-fetched,
since .GIF files can be animated on the web, and there are some email
software programs that accept video...so with special software I suppose we
could send animated .GIFs to each other - ha!

Have a great evening everyone!

Val ;-)

  Message 2361  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index