forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2599  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jan 24, 2000  4:29 pm
Subject:  Re: Article In Der Spiegel in Germany....

>there is so much to be done. Excuse me for not informing you before.
>Yes - a man who happened to visit my class was very impressed of
>what my pupils could already read in SW. The next day he was so
>happy to show me this aricle in "The Spiegel" I´m going to send it
>to you - via attachment tonight. Stefan ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear SW List members,
and Stefan!

Thanks so much for for this message, Stefan...I am glad to hear that
your students are doing so well reading SignWriting... And thanks for
sending me the attachments which I received in my private email
box...the photos are really excellent, aren't they? I appreciate you
taking the time.

I found out that in a week or so the library at the University of
California San Diego (UCSD) will have that issue of Der Spiegel, so I
look forward to seeing it...

And by the way, there may possibly be a SignWriting Literacy Project
in France now. I am waiting for the paperwork from them...If the
French SW Literacy Project gets started, then most countries in
Europe have at least one project using SignWriting now... Even in the
Netherlands, there is a book being used in linguistic courses that
has a section on SignWriting in the book...

So maybe in time the European Community can work together in some
way, to assist those working with SignWriting...

Thanks again for your help!

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2599  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index