forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2656  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jan 31, 2000  7:53 pm
Subject:  SignWriting Parent Newsletter Posted

January 31, 2000

Dear SW List Members:

Teacher Cecilia Flood in Albuquerque, New Mexico, has been writing a
newsletter about her deaf students learning SignWriting. Cecilia then
distributes the newsletter to parents, students and administrators.

Because each newsletter gives important feedback on the
accomplishments of Albuquerque's deaf students, I have chosen to post
the newsletters in their entirety on the web, as a part of the
SignWriting Literacy Project.

The November 99 issue includes several pages of students' writing - I
am very impressed, Cecilia! You are really accomplishing a great
deal, and I bet the parents appreciate knowing what their children
are learning ;-)

So now you can read the newsletters on the web:

School Newsletters About SignWriting
in Albuquerque, New Mexico

The SignWriting Parent Newsletter:

May 1999 Issue
....RDA approval for SignWriting...
https://www.SignWriting.org/teach030.html

September 1999
....We've only just begun!...
https://www.SignWriting.org/teach031.html

November 1999
....Samples of student handwritten SignWriting...
https://www.SignWriting.org/teach033.html

  Message 2656  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index