forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2831  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Feb 16, 2000  4:01 pm
Subject:  Books Published In Spain on SignWriting

>Val and Steve -
> I was wondering whether it might be possible to get a copy of Steve's
>book. Is it published yet? It looks excellent!
> - Wayne

--------------------------------

SignWriting List
February 16, 2000

Hello Wayne and Everyone...

Oh yes! The books are definitely published, and they are excellent.
Stefan in Germany ordered them from Steve and Dianne Parkhurst in
Madrid...Steve and Dianne are members of the SignWriting List.

I actually did mention the books quite a lot, not only with the
diagrams I posted to the SignWriting List, but also in other
messages, but I guess I did not highlight it enough...here is an
excerpt from Message 2586 in the SW List Archives:

Spanish Sign Language Publications in Madrid & Alicante, Spain
Several SignWriting publications were produced in Spain in 1999:
"Primeras Lecciones de SignoEscritura" is an adaptation of the
Lessons In SignWriting Textbook, by Irma Maria Munoz Baell, & Dianne
& Steve Parkhurst, published at the University of Alicante. The
textbook "SignoEscritura" by the Parkhursts is an excellent
instruction text. Monthly magazines written in SignWriting are
distributed in Madrid.