forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2945  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Feb 29, 2000  10:40 pm
Subject:  Re: Writing Songs

At 9:58 AM +0000 2/29/00, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
>And Valerie commented
>
>> Writing the signs over or under the music notation is just one of
>> many choices for writing timing in SignWriting, and I will be
>> teaching you some of the other ways in a few messages from now...
>
>Eagerly waiting for these messages. :-) They may change my mind (and
>therefore ease my work) about a TeX based solution.
>
>Regards, Trevor

---------------------------------

SignWriting List
February 29, 2000

Hi Trevor -
I have had some ill days in the the past few days....but I am getting
to the diagrams now...

I am curious..I have no idea what a TeX based solution is...

What I will be teaching you has nothing to do with computers...we
wrote SignWriting under music long before there was ever a personal
computer in our office...so I was thinking of writing by hand...

As far as typing the signs...obviously that can be done with
SignWriter, but to place the counts over it and all...people will
benefit from moving the signs into another format, like a music
typing program or just photoshop, and placing the different counts
over the symbols etc...

So to explain...I am not going to teach you how to type anything..but
I am going to teach you how to write timing, which can be written
with great detail in Sutton Movement Writing...