forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3033  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Thu Mar 9, 2000  4:02 pm
Subject:  Re: Making QuickTime Video Clips

Actually there is a difference between a video card and a video capture
card. All computers need video cards to display the video image. But a
video capture card actually translates the TV image into a computer video
image. That allows you to process that video image however you need to on
the computer.

You would only need that video capture board on the computer that is
creating the QuickTime movie. Other computers would only need the
QuickTime software and a good video card and computer. Video processing
does take a little more computer power than your average program.

I do agree that movies should be sent directly to individuals rather than
distributed on the list unless there is a specific demand for
them. Perhaps, in that case, we should establish a SignWriting list that
is intended for this kind of work. Just a thought.

FYI (SMILE)

Stuart Thiessen