forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3198  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 12, 2000  2:09 pm
Subject:  You MUST read our new Special Feature!! ;-)

SignWriting List
April 12, 2000

Dear SignWriting List Members:

I am happy to announce that Joe Martin's excellent article is now
posted as our new Special Feature!!

Joe, who has knowledge of the Stokoe Notation system, took on the
large task of comparing two very different transcription systems,
lending his linguistic knowledge to the comparison.

I am hoping that in the near future we can also provide an Acrobat
..pdf file of the article.

But right now, it is a MUST READ posting on the web. Go to:

"A Linguistic Comparison
Two Notation Systems for Signed Languages:
Stokoe Notation & Sutton SignWriting"
https://www.SignWriting.org/ling008.html

by
Joe Martin
Western Washington University

In time, I will write a tribute to Dr. Stokoe, but as Joe told me,
the posting of the article is the real tribute...

And thank you, Joe, for a tireless and outstanding job!

We both look forward to List members feedback -

And have a splendid day!