forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3231  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Apr 18, 2000  3:13 pm
Subject:  Re: Accessing article on SW web site

At 8:02 AM -0400 4/18/00, Bonnie Collins wrote:

>Well, I just made a relatively easy task of posting to
>this list into a complex project. To think that when
>someone appears to be struggling with listserv
>applications occasionally thoughts enter my head like
>"why don't they just read the listserv info sent to
>them". While suffice it to say that I have
>administered my own dope slaps (apparently I was only subscribed to
>the egroups archive and not the actual sw-l list) and have learned a
>valuable lesson about heading my own advice.

SignWriting List
April 18, 2000

Hello Bonnie and Everyone!

Welcome to the SignWriting List, Bonnie. You just taught me something
too. I did not know it was possible for someone to join the
SignWriting List from E-groups, since the SignWriting List is not run
by E-groups. It is not an E-groups List.

Instead it is run by Paul Cowley, and Humber College in Canada,
through LISTSERVE software. The E-groups web site is only the
archives for the List messages.

But this does show that all of us must never assume that we know what
another person is experiencing on computers...every computer looks
different on the screen...and there are all kinds of new technical
develeopments that no technician can keep up with...

Plus, right now we still have problems with the Archives on the
SW-L...If there is anyone upset that their message did not post to
the Archives - you are not alone! There are around 20 messages that
have not been archived in the month of April...I have reported this
to the E-groups technicians, and they wrote back to say they don't
know how that happned, since other messages did post properly.

And there were four messages that I sent to the List that have never
arrived anywhere -

So keep me posted if any of you have technical problems too...

Welcome once again, Bonnie!