forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3232  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Apr 18, 2000  3:31 pm
Subject:  Re: Accessing article on SW web site

SignWriting List
April 18, 2000

At 8:02 AM -0400 4/18/00, Bonnie Collins wrote:

>Speaking of lessons (as I segue away from the topic of
>my listserv foible) I have been teaching myself
>SignWriting and have really appreciated the
>information shared on the list. I hope that one day I
>will be competent enough in SignWriting to use my
>knowledge but I fear that may not happen until I have the
>SignWriter 5.0 as my SignWriting is either very slow or it becomes
>quite unintelligible.

Why not download the shareware for free, and start typing right now
with SignWriter 4.3?

Download SignWriter Shareware
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw128.html

Your files typed with SignWriter 4.3 will automatically convert to
SignWriter 5.0 when it is available. And meanwhile I have no idea
when the new program will be available...it is a very complex job and
it may be another 6 months at least.

>Currently I am writing a paper for a Linguistics of
>ASL course through University of Colorado. The
>SignWriting web site has been a valuable resource (the
>educational award was well deserved - congrats!). I
>did have a problem accessing the reference titled
>"Writing Signed Languages" by Amy Rosenberg. I appear
>to be only able to open the Intro and Chapter 1. Any
>suggestions?

Did anyone else have this problem? Here are the web pages to try to
access. Bonnie...try again by double clicking directly on the web
pages below and tell us what happens....

Writing Signed Languages
In Support of Adopting an ASL Writing System
by Amy Rosenberg

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese010.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese011.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese012.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese013.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese014.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese015.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese016.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese017.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese018.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese019.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese020.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese021.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese022.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese023.html

https://www.SignWriting.org/rese024.html

Are you able to access these pages, Bonnie?