forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3250  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Fri Apr 21, 2000  11:46 am
Subject:  Re: email.sgn to email1.pdf

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Jerry Spillman wrote:

> Thanks to Angus, I was able to succcessfully convert this attached
> .pdf first lesson file.

That's great! I'm glad my instructions actually made sense!

> 4. Type the word, exit, at the command prompt to return to Windows,
> and strike the <enter> key. Start GhostView (which will
> automatically start GhostScript in the background). Go to File and
> Open on the drop down menu. Go to the directory C:\temp and select
> email1.ps. Click on the Open button. This will open your new .ps
> file in GhostView.
> 5. Select File and Print on the dropdown menu. In the pop-up
> instruction box, select "pdfwrite" as print device, I chose 600 dpi
> (finer resolution usually copies thin lines better), check the "Print
> to File" checkbox, and click on Ok button.

If you're interested, Jerry, you can save a few steps with the
ps2pdf batch file. Try and edit your c:\autoexec.bat file and make sure
that the PATH line includes the entries for the "bin" and "lib"
subdirectories in your ghostscript directory. Reboot your computer.

You can then replace steps 4 and 5 with one step:

4) Type "ps2pdf c:\temp\email1.ps c:\temp\email1.pdf"

Let me know if that works.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 3250  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index