forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3257  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Fri Apr 21, 2000  3:10 pm
Subject:  Re: email.sgn to email1.pdf

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> When I viewed it with Acrobat Reader 3.01 (Mac) I got a error message:

> An 'EI' was expected when parsing an image.
>
> This might be because I'm (deliberately) not using the latest version of
> reader. It might indicate a more general problem.

Ghostscript by default produces pdf version 1.2 (compatible with
Acrobat version 3). By clicking on "Properties" in the Print dialog box,
you can change it to version 1.3 (Acrobat versions 4 and higher) or 1.1
(Acrobat versions lower than 3.0). Perhaps Jerry set it to 1.3? We'd
have to see it break consistently under Acrobat 3.0 to say that it's not
some other problem.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 3257  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index