forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3265  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Trevor Jenkins
Date:  Sat Apr 22, 2000  12:36 pm
Subject:  Re: email.sgn to email1.pdf

On Friday, 21 April, 2000 18:46:56, Valerie Sutton
wrote:

>>When I viewed it with Acrobat Reader 3.01 (Mac) I got a error message:

I neglected to say what "it" was---the (email1.pdf) PDF file attached to
Jerry Spillman's message.

> Trevor is using SignWriter, but the A-4 Paper size version. Jerry is
> using SignWriter, but the US letter size version.

Unlikely, the Jerry's PDF file is independent of SignWriter.

> happen if Jerry bases his PDF on the American version of the program,
> but Trevor's printer is A4?

During display Acrobat Reader will cope with the different page sizes.

Of course, the "printer" on the message I viewed Jerry's file on is actually
the FAX modem in my PowerBook. :-)

> Just a question we should think through...if Trevor has the same
> problems after downloading the current Acrobat Reader 4.0, then that
> may be a clue...I know the Postscript internal commands to the laser
> printer are different for the two different paper sizes...

I've just check my copy of the PDF Reference Manaul, which I should have
done earlier. The "EI" is end-of-image. It's because the operator is not in
the file or is inaccessible in someway that Acrobat complains. But I didn't
notice anything missing when I viewed the document.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language. So recognise it now.

--

<>< Re: deemed!

  Message 3265  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index