forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3315  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Apr 28, 2000  12:57 pm
Subject:  Yes. Please write to CBS "60 Minutes II"...

At 10:58 PM -0400 4/27/00, William McGruder wrote:

>Let's all write/email to the network and mention our disappointment on this
>matter. It may not get a further segment, but it very well may get a
>response on air.

SignWriting List
April 28, 2000

I think that would be wonderful. People need to speak up. If all of
you do not express that you want to see more about SignWriting, they
will never know.

And James deserves more mention too...

Can someone find the address or phone numbers for 60 Minutes II? It
was on CBS...

Please go ahead and write to them -

Val ;-)

PS. Some side information: Doing programs like that is very hard.
James and Judy put in a great deal of work. They flew with the
reporters and camera men down to Nicaragua to shoot the footage, and
encouraged it "to happen", which I am sure was very time-consuming.

But out of all that work, James was short-changed, because the show
did not make it clear how much work James has dedicated to the two
schools for the Deaf that he and Judy founded.

CBS has that footage of James' interview which they cut from the
program...it includes some SignWriting. Maybe that interview footage
could be salvaged?....

  Message 3315  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index