forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3318  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon May 1, 2000  4:18 pm
Subject:  DanceWriting Web Site expands....

SignWriting List
May 1, 2000

Hello Everyone!
I am writing this message on a very sunny morning in San Diego (La
Jolla). My guests left this morning at 6:00 am. Sylvia Gold is an
Isadora Duncan dance expert, and if you would like to see some of our
work together, take a look at the beginnings of my new design for the
DanceWriting Web Site:

DanceWritingSite expands...
https://www.DanceWriting.org

Although I have posted our first Sheet Dance online, the Prelude by
Isadora Duncan, it is written by hand in DanceWriting by a dance
notator, Alison Kincaid. The DanceWriting itself looks like someone
quickly wrote it by hand, which is true!

I hope to clean up the handwritten document in time...although
because of the long list of tasks and people waiting to hear from me
regarding SignWriting, obviously that has to be last on my list.

Truth be told...if Sylvia hadn't come to visit, the DanceWritingSite
would not have gotten my focus last week, so I guess she was smart to
come!

And in the long run, the DanceWritingSite will be useful to anyone
who is interested in writing gesture, so my new design includes plans
for a detailed section on Sutton Movement Writing.

Last week Sylvia and I created three new publications of Isadora
Duncan dances, written in DanceWriting, which I hope to feature on
our DanceWritingSite in the future.

So I am back to SignWriting!