forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3321  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed May 3, 2000  7:53 pm
Subject:  Changes to SW Fingerspelling Keyboards?

May 3, 2000

Dear SignWriting List:

As you know, Michael Everson, in Dublin, Ireland, is designing a
series of True Type Fonts, using Sutton symbols. In time we will have
Sutton fonts for SignWriting and DanceWriting.

When the True Type fonts are available, all you will have to do is to
place the font into your Font folder in your system file, and they
will then be accessible in any word processing program.

Right now we are focusing on True Type Fingerspelling Fonts in SignWriting.

So I am writing to ask....

Do any of you have changes you would like us to make to your
Fingerspelling Keyboard designs?

For example, James and Judy in Nicaragua...Do you want us to make
changes to the design of the Nicaraguan Fingerspelling Keyboard in
SignWriter 4.3? A diagram of the Nicaraguan Fingerspelling Keyboard
is on this web page:

Fingerspelling Keyboard, Nicaragua
https://www.SignWriting.org/fkey505.html

At the bottom of that page is a directory of all of the other
countries' Fingerspelling keyboard designs, so I hope others will
give us feedback too...such as Brazil and Norway and Switzerland?

I am working on the Flemish keyboard now...I am behind on that job,
but I did send a big box to Flanders today.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone -

I look forward to hearing from you about the Fingerspelling designs -