forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3282  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bonnie Collins
Date:  Tue Apr 25, 2000  8:57 pm
Subject:  Reading Manuals

Val,

Thanks for the reminder (and very kindly delivered) that you wrote the manuals
for a purpose. You are right there is a wealth of information contained within
the manual. Alas, I will have to put all this aside including trying to spell
"hammock- attached-to-trees" until I get these papers written.

I have moved onto paper number two which covers ASL discourse analysis. I am
in the midst of transcribing Jack and the Beanstalk as signed by a child
(transcribing a child's ASL discourse is so much different than an adult's - I
am trying my best to capture her depiction of the giant walking).

After I finish with my paper I was hoping that I could post a few excerpts of
my Jack and the Beanstalk transcription attempts for review. It would not be
for a while because I have to work through the manual first and gain some
competence with the software (in the meantime I have reverted back to pencil
and paper).

Please let me know if this would not be an appropriate approach
to learning Sign Writing through this list.

Thanks,
Bonnie

  Replies Author Date
3293 Re: Reading Manuals Stefan Woehrmann Wed  4/26/2000
3303 Re: Reading Manuals Bonnie Collins Wed  4/26/2000
3318 DanceWriting Web Site expands.... Valerie Sutton Mon  5/1/2000
3320 Re: DanceWriting Web Site expands.... Silas Lima Mon  5/1/2000
3321 Changes to SW Fingerspelling Keyboards? Valerie Sutton Wed  5/3/2000
3322 Re: Reading Manuals Valerie Sutton Thu  5/4/2000

  Message 3282  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index