forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3347  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun May 7, 2000  1:32 pm
Subject:  Re: rotation movement -DGS numbers

At 2:14 PM +0200 5/7/00, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:

>Hello Valerie,
>thank you so much for the detailed and quick answer. It helpīs a
>lot. Of course I can make the gifs myself. Didnīt know that you
>would prefer .gifs (one only per message I know ;-)
>Stefan ;-)

SignWriting List
May 7, 2000

You are welcome, Stefan.

Yes. Each computer format has different applications.

GIFs give an immediate visual picture inside email. That has a value
that can never be replaced.

PDF's give us "portable document exchange"...that is invaluable for
larger documents than cannot be made into one .GIF.

PDF also solves some of the problems we were having with printing in
SignWriter 4.3 ...

And database programs will solve other needs...

But the central core to all this work is still the SignWriter
Computer Program. Without it, none of these other formats would be
useful to us....

So each computer format has "its place" and its uses...