forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3450  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed May 24, 2000  6:33 pm
Subject:  Re: Hello

At 5:33 PM -0400 5/23/00, Nancy Cole wrote:
>I'm new to this and thought I would try it out...if I fail ahhh well here
>goes....I'm the Deaf Teacher in Las Cruces, and I've been using signwriting.
>I'm learning alot as I go along and also my students. Soon, one week left of
>school left, so I'll have the whole summer to plan. It's the first time my
>kids enjoy writing! It's been super, anyways I still have alot of people to
>convince, so it might take me awhile. My boss is so impressed from the
>administration office that he wants me to send the order for more materials
>for the kids. One day, I was writing the signwriting on the board and he
>came up to me and said "What in the world is THAT?" Well, I had to tell him
>haha, and he was hooked. Anyways, that was that, and this is now, and I'm
>looking forward to the now! So...Big Hello to everyone and bear with me as
>I'm a first timer!

SignWriting List
May 24, 2000

Hello Everyone, and welcome Nancy!

You did a great job posting to the List...so you succeeded! And thank
you for sharing your experiences with us. I have been meaning to
write to you. This is wonderful news, that SignWriting is beneficial
for you....and that is great that your boss is interested - I am glad
to know that.

And thank you, Nancy, for sending in your SignWriting membership. Of
course we all look forward to more collaboration together. I was
thinking that maybe we could hold a special workshop here in my home
for teachers from New Mexico, now that there are four of you....three
from Albuquerque, and one from Las Cruces. So write again if you
would like that - maybe in the middle of the summer, before school
starts again in August?

And I am still working on your Las Cruces web page, and I am not
finished....I will tell you when it is ready ;-)

And thanks, everyone, for all of your other messages. Great to hear from you.

Yesterday, I had a funny day...I was very much in my own thoughts,
and I walked into my "workroom" - a large room with lots of cardboard
boxes, two computers, and a table where I package people's
SignWriting orders. It was a good thing I walked into the room,
because to my amazement, there was a flood of water streaming down
the wall from upstairs. Apparently a water pipe burst upstairs and
the water was flooding, without my realizing it. So I had pots
catching the water, and "water men" running around the house "fixing
it", and I am now left with life back to normal, except for a
water-stained ceiling and wall! Plus a few "un-done" projects waiting
for my attention....

But I have no problems, only annoyances, so I am very lucky indeed!

More soon -

https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

  Message 3450  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index